Monday, September 12, 2016

gone shopping...........

well if you know me you know I am not much of a shopper.  Aside from some booze, outdoor equipment and ski coats I pretty much own the same crap I had in college.  And to be honest I didn't want to go shopping, I had to take one of the cars in for service.....in glenwood springs which is a good 40 miles from my house.

While I am not much for shopping I am even less enthusiastic about paying aspen pricing for TP, light bulbs and other sundries so while down in glenwood I typically hit all the big box stores.  This included a run through walmart, which might be my 3rd time in a Walmart ever.  While trying to find something I asked for directions and was told keep walking till I saw the guns and then hang a right (always take a right at the guns in this country).  Anyhow I walked down the aisle and found all the shotguns and rifles I might need for a small revolution.

Anyhow I am digressing from my digression---while walking back through the gun section on the way to check out one walmart associate was asking another about some kinda handgun called a siggle something or another.  While I haven't fired a gun in years, I do read the occasional spy book and was able to suggest that what she might be interested in was a sig sauer.  Her eyes brightened and said yea that is it.  Next thing I know I am getting A LOT of attention from a women (girl) half my age with lots of ink as we discuss recoil (not much), stopping power (also not much) and places to conceal (she was mighty creative on that front).

Shopping in Chicago or NYC was never like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment