Wednesday, August 9, 2017

I don't do that

Seems there has been a lot of newsprint lately about people dying climbing in my backyard.  A couple of people have died on capital and maroon over the past week or so.

I have no interest in doing activities where a mistake most likely will kill you.  Yes it adds to the thrill  and brag factor, but I make so many mistakes it seems crazy to put myself in a situation where a trip, a loss of focus, or some other failure results in death.  There is plenty of climbing and hiking and other adventures I can do where a mistakes means a twisted ankle or broken wrist and a long painful walk home.

If you screw up on Capitol peak knife edge you most likely die.  A mistake in the couloirs in the Bells--death.  There is plenty of trails that will give you all work out and views you can ask for.  Enjoy them.  Maybe skip the ones with zero tolerance for error, I do.

I am moving for the next two days, then on vacation for a week, followed by unpacking and getting the kids started in school while watching the eclipse and trying to find a suitable location for the Aspen Science Center to run after school programming for kids in the roaring fork valley.

That is my way of saying--if I don't post anything for a couple of weeks I didn't die climbing Capitol, I am just unpacking boxes, and caught up in the detritus of life.




No comments:

Post a Comment