Sunday, October 18, 2020

I like the idea of you, and then you talk

 my daughter said that to me when I suggested.........well anything.

Its also kinda like that with everything.

1.  I like the idea of in person school, and then I realize its going to be a hybrid model with the students go in person every 4 days with 85 min classes and teachers teaching online and in person at the same time.

2.  I like the idea of opening the ski mountain, but not the town closing due to COVID

3.  I like the idea of not wearing masks, but hate community spread of COVID

4.  I like the idea of a free ski pass, but hate spending 3 hours getting the hard sell on a time share

5.  I like the idea of dogs, but hate the hair and their needy walks


ETC ya get the point.  My mom used to work for a guy named Barry Commoner---he was noted for saying 'there is no such thing as a free lunch'.  And he is right.  I love the idea of tax cuts and higher pay for teachers and a big infrastructure spend, but guess what.......

And to my daughter I say, do what you know you are supposed to and maybe what comes out of my mouth will be praise and not nagging.


And yea I nag too much and its not working---next up threats :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment