Monday, August 30, 2021

my daughter maybe the funniest person in the world

 My daughter went to summer boarding school for a month this summer.  She is in 10th grade.  She was hanging out with a 9th grader and they were talking about a book they both had read for pleasure that year---Go Ask Alice.   

For those of you unfamiliar with the book it is "praised for conveying a powerful message about the dangers of drug abuse. " The main character is raped, abused, meseriable loses her mind for a while and then dies of a drug overdose.

The 9th grader says to my daughter ---"wow yea that book made me want to try molly and X and LSD." 

My daughter looked at her and said ' that is what you took away?'

Interesting.  My daughter will not be attending that boarding school.



No comments:

Post a Comment