Wednesday, March 8, 2017

goldman family goes to work (FIS style)

Aspen is hosting the FIS Audi world cup finals this year.

The wife is working the guest services area multiple days.  The son is working green team (environment trash duty in the grand stand ---your champagne bottles go in that bin, your caviar tins in that bin etc) a couple of days as well as playing guitar at one of the events, and I am going to be slip crew for 4 days.

What does slip crew do?  Good question.  I will know more after Monday.  I have been warned by my friendly neighborhood ER doc that many slippers wind up injured (typically broken or dislocated shoulder).  My bet is I get to side slip down the super duper icy downhill course.  A lot.  From 7Am to 2pm.  I am hoping to get some good views of the racing and practice runs.  I will be working both the final downhill and Super G days so I should get to see some serious speed racers.  I have always had a thing for Lindsey and am looking forward to watching her work.  There are also some good bands playing which I expect to enjoy with my two free drink coupons I earn for 7 hours of work.

Stay tuned to the blog---should be some very amusing FIS posts next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment