Monday, January 15, 2018

on a lighter note

First off Whit is home, and a fast learner with crutches.  Yea Whit.  I fear the longer term challenges are sadly more mental than physical for the whole family.  I will keep thinking SERENITY NOW for them while considering making some no handgun bumper stickers.


This list is best read while whistling along to always look on the bright side of life (thank you monty python)



1.  I get to pay for my health insurance with a credit card--and its so expensive that I will earn enough mileage points to pay for a round trip ticket on United.

2.  My son told me he listened to the entirety of Pink Floyd's The Wall while at school on Friday.  The boy has great taste in music right?  Who cares that 1 hour and 21 minutes of his school day was spent listening about evil mothers and rotten teachers.

3.  I am spending so little time skiing that I am able to spend more time doing chores.

4.  My son's science class assignment was to create his own periodic table representing information in a similar fashion as the data in a periodic table.  We are lucky enough to have a president whose tweets lend themselves to a periodic representation.  Thank you President Trump for helping with my son's science homework (that has got to be the first time that was ever uttered).

5.  In an effort to go green (er) my dogs have taken to eating a lot of snow and ice resulting in massive diarrhea which means I don't have to use plastic poop bags anymore, just a quick hose down of their rears.

6.  My daughter has 5 hockey games this coming weekend--thank goodness there is no snow to make me wish I was anywhere else than running the scoreboard at the rink.

7.  Due to lack of snow the big mountain ski team has spent a lot time in the parks--my daughter can now throw a 180 or 360 at will.  Cool right?

8.  My wife is traveling again for work---more daddy rules means more captain crunch and simpsons on TV.

9.  The financials on many of the companies I've looked at buying are so bad I don't have to waste time doing any significant due diligence.

10.  Green (er) part 2--my son has stopped using shampoo and severely cut back on showers.



No comments:

Post a Comment