Friday, February 9, 2018

and in local news .................

Bloated Dog

Wiggins ate 24 large flour tortillas.  That is about 5k calories.  She normally eats about .8k calories of food a day.  She ate the plastic packaging as well.  Should you see me on smuggler picking up lots of poop you know the backstory.  

Why was there 24 flour torts sitting on our kitchen countertop?  I gotta blame the wife.   She volunteered (again).  This time she is doing food prep for 6th grade ODE (a cross country hut to hut trip).  Anyone ever notice that the women seem to volunteer for everything and guys only volunteer for really cool stuff where they get to boss people around and not work hard and maybe get a free Marmont jacket out of it.  Thank God for women and someone please stop my wife before she volunteers again.


Drunks vandalize deaf camp--deaf camp wins

There is a camp for deaf kids in old snowmass.  They often rent out their cabins to earn some extra money during high occupancy periods --like lets say X Games.  The X Gamers came, stayed, got drunk and stoned and broke into the cafeteria and trashed the place (surprising no one).  The icing on the puke covered cake was the graffiti that said 'we are not deaf'.  So witty.  Still stoned and drunk X gamers doing what stoned and drunk X gamers do.  The deaf camp however didn't have a decent insurance policy in place nor a large deposit from renters so it looked like they were out about $4k.  When this hit the local papers the camp raised about $10k in 3 days.  Camp wins.  Not only is the damage covered but they raised enough money to cover 3 kids fees for camp.  A new form of viral marketing???????


Aspen Real Estate in Full Bubble Terrority

Yes I am a known hater of real estate, so I admit my judgment isn't neutral, but when people are trying to flip homes for 20% in 6 months you gotta wonder.  And when my real estate agent says $2k a square foot is the new normal for aspen prices (not in town, not primo house, not fab location just a freaking home) you gotta wonder.  And when everyone is rushing to list their home hoping someone pays a stupid price you gotta wonder.  And when you can buy the land a build your own home for 1k you just gotta wonder.  Or not.  I don't wonder, I know its a bubble.  Bubbles can go on a long time, and you can make money during them but your entry point in real estate is very important in a volatile market like Aspen's.  And speaking of making money in bubbles how many of you bought bitcoin at 1k and sold it at 19k?  Yea I thought so.

Snow Report

There is no snow.  Well not much snow.  I have skied maybe 15 hours this winter.  Ski Co is closing lifts and closing restaurants (no dinner at Cloud 9).  Our snow pack is like 60% of average.  That may not sound bad, but it is.  I could get all mathy on you but I won't.  Lets just say even skiing right after a 7 in dump (????) Tuesday Am I was hitting rocks and trees and grass.  At 9 am in the morning skiing a fresh 7 in I am still hitting rocks.  And this is in February.  My non local friends are heading to MT and they are wise to do so cause the skiing in Aspen sucks.  I'd like to blame Trump and given who they got running the EPA its not a bad idea but honestly it's just too soon to blame Trump for my lack of ski days.  Still...............dam orange hair fake breasts chasing tweeting twit.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment