Friday, February 23, 2018

and on a much lighter note

Most of the time my kids feel like the machine in the princess bride that sucks the life out of our hero.



But sometimes the kids do provide a bit of entertainment that fills me back up with joy and happiness.

My daughter came home yesterday and informed me that she learned in school that in the 18,000s (yes the eighteen thousands) when women were having contractions they would yank on their husband's testicles to mitigate (and share) the pain.  I queried the source of this historical tidbit and she assured me that her teacher was quite clear about the testicle pulling during delivery.

Betcha didn't know that.

I am off to steamboat with my history loving daughter this weekend for a bit of hockey and tequila drinking with parents, while my son skis with a friend from Chicago.

Check out the double dog deke



Elsewhere our school district has announced that they are losing another excellent music teacher (two in two years).  I know comp was behind one teacher leaving and it wouldn't surprise me if it was the primary driver behind both.  SAD.

Of course maybe just maybe we can hire Julie Andrews.  She loves the mountains can sing and play guitar and it seems she is killer with a machine pistol.

julie andrews choir audition

No comments:

Post a Comment