Wednesday, August 29, 2018

seasons changing

Couple of quick highlights:

I was in annapolis two weeks ago picking up the boy post summer sailing.  It was super hot and humid and the cicadas were out in full force.  Like 90 + degrees hot and 90% humid and hard to talk over the squeak of the cicadas.  All kinds of memories of midwestern summers and football came flooding back.  A day and plane flight later I am back in Aspen sending the kids to daycare--I mean school and its 42 degrees in the morning and a couple of leaves have started to turn.

More signs of fall:

First sighting of skis on a roof rack.

Maintenance crews on the hill working on trail (ski trail) maintenance.

Open parking spots

lots of meetings at school every week

many fewer folks on the trail (and after next week I will probably be able to hike naked on some trails and not upset too many people)

less trafic

emails from the head of hockey

emails from AVSC

kids freaking out school (both socially and there total lack of intelligence, and the stupidity that is school learning)

A couple of other fun facts

1.  there is a local liquor store that sells 20 different brands of wine in a box
2.  My son spent 73 of the last 79 nights sleeping elsewhere (should I have rented his room)
3.  My daughter knows more about the Kardashians than her own family



No comments:

Post a Comment