Monday, October 8, 2018

my dogs didn't do that in chicago (and other fun stuff)

in the past week my dogs have treed two bears.

For those of you who don't know what it means to tree a bear, that is when your dogs chase a bear up a tree (the bear goes up the tree not the dogs). 

Its kinda interesting to watch--my dogs go at the bears without barking.  They just charge the bears hard and the bears run for their lives and then climb to the top of the largest aspen tree they can find.  I wish I had taken video of the big bears swaying at the top of a thin Aspen, but I was a bit too busy calling the dogs off to pull out the phone.  I'll see if next time I can get some vid.

My younger dog also took a dump in the middle of highway 82 near independence pass.  She was on lead and slowly edged me out into the road until she was on the yellow line and then left a solid poop smack in the middle of the road.  We were lucky that all the leaf peeping drivers were in a mellow mood.  No honking, just some smiles as I scooped the poop and dragged the dumb dog out of the road.  Thank you drivers for your fab temperament.

I also wanted to thank some dog owners for giving me the chance to do the right thing.  The other day on smuggler I was able to collect about a dozen poop bags left by other dog owners.  Thank you for giving me such an easy mitzvah (good deed in hebrew) opportunity.

We got snow in the high country and ski passes in the drawer.  Let it snow let it snow let it snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment