Saturday, April 4, 2020

COVID can't kick Aspen athleticism (and hubris)

It is weird everywhere.  That much goes without saying (and yet I said it---duh ouch).

Aspen is home of many amazing athletes, and many of those folks also are as my wife used to say about new sales people (young dumb and full of come)----hey that is come like tree sap, if it was the other kind of cum I would have spelled it correctly.

Anyhow we had a pretty solid dump Thursday and by 11 am Friday there wasn't a clean line to be had on Ajax, Buttermilk or Highlands.  I can't speak to Snowmass because .......well it' Snowmass.

So next thing ya know peeps are heading into the backcountry --check out these sweet lines (bonus points if you know the zone) BUT then I saw them all hanging out together eating food and yucking it up much closer than 6 feet away.  Bad dirtbags. Bad.


Anyhow the day before the wife was x-country skiing in northstar and low and behold a number of Aspenites were out on their SUPs.  I always have a bit of cognitive dissonance when I am on skis and someone 100 yards away is on their SUP.  

Goodnews Aspen is staying active and strong.  Bad news--sometimes folks are just a wee bit too close to each other (which is kinda ironic because we have sooooooo much space to play in).

Stay safe---thinking about going sledding with daughter around lift 1a (not A1 as some of our visitors called it.  That side of town is not named after a steak sauce.  

Tomorrow I plan to get her on a balance ball stick handling and see how much she has really recovered (if she fights me a lot I'll know she is 100% healthy).



No comments:

Post a Comment