Tuesday, December 1, 2020

always look on the bright side (well at least for a day)

my kids don't really like skiing.  BUT during COVID things change.  We are one of those households who are listening to CDC guidelines about travel, and interaction and are pretty much holed up in our basement with a can of beans.

BUT I will let my kids out of the house to ski (and yes chair lifts don't seem like a great idea, but they are pretty much riding alone or with a small pod of friends with their masks on outside).

All of a sudden my kids want to ski.  My son has skied every day the mountain has been open, my daughter less but she is starting to warm to it.

It seems if the only way to have human interaction is outside, with skis on they will ski.

And guess what?  My son all of a sudden is sleeping better, acting better and maybe even having more energy in afternoon classes.  Who would have thought that just 35 min of skiing outside with a friend would be enough to flip an attitude?  (well as every parent out there knows we all did, but getting our kids to buy in was just about impossible---that said if the options are continue to face a screen or go skiing even the biggest hater of skiing starts to see the appeal)



No comments:

Post a Comment