Sunday, June 5, 2016

fun aspen-snowmass facts

We are renting in snowmass while we figure out where to buy (and how to afford it).

1.  They don't deliver the mail in Snowmass--PO Box at the local post office is apparently a happening place.  Lets see how I like that drive in February.
2.  They don't pick up the garage in Snowmass--we drive to dumpster.  When my one loyal reader (wife) reads that I suspect I will hear one very loud WTF.
3.  My rental contract has a clause stipulating keeping doors and windows closed to keep out the bears.  Bears.  A bear clause in a rental contract.  Also no AC so opening the windows would be a nice way to cool down, but with all the garbage piling up inside my house I expect we will be first stop on the bear pub-food crawl.
4.  $50 a square foot affordable housing tax offset.  Yup you read that right---on top of all kinds of other expensive permit fees you have to write the city of Aspen a check for 200k to build a 4k square foot home.  Yikes
5.  Newspaper delivery--forget about it.  I am going to have to either go electronic for national newspapers, but there are two local daily papers that I can enjoy sweating on at the gym.  How many cities still have two dailies?

39 days to go--daughter is so excited-scared-freaked out that she has broken out in hives.  Wife trying to offset her anxiety by buying her 3000 threat count sheets.  Seems like we are already getting our Aspen on.

No comments:

Post a Comment