Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Going to the dogs

I have 3 golden retrievers, ages 1, 4 and 13.  Yesterday I tested the gate my son built to keep the dogs in the way back---it kept the older two from roaming but the pup snuck through and decided to help me drive.  I am sending him back to the drawing board.

When we get there, how will the oldest handle the altitude.  We will be at 8000 feet.  She sounds like Darth Vader on a bad day every day--I worry how that will go.  And will any of them try to run away and make there way back to Chicago(seriously would anyone try to run back through Nebraska, why would Bruce Springsteen name a album that?)  And what do I do if they chase after Elk?  I have been told I will be fined if they chase after Elk, Moose, Bears etc.  Right now they chase after litter and rats.

I'll have to see if I can figure out how to upload pics so I can share dogs chasing Elk and escaping the way back to assist with driving and eating road trip snacks.

36 days to go

Fun question: U-haul trailer is rented, but will the city let me park it overnight in front of my house, and if not what the hell do I do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment