Thursday, August 11, 2016

aspen takes my breath away

I was wondering if I would stop being amazed by the views.  After a month I can report that I am still gobsmacked by the beauty.  Sometimes that comes from going to a new place or a new time (like last night I was on the top of Ajax for the sunset).  Or watching a storm roll in--but the walk to get the papers just doesn't get old--it's really a beautiful place.

But what really takes my breath away is exercising up here.  I figured after a month I would be mountain man tuff--maybe even able to run and jump like a 30 year old.  So I set a goal for myself to run up sinclair road without stopping.  It's not that long --maybe a mile, and not that steep--maybe 300-400 vert.  Well I can report that after a month of trying I still can't do it.  I have changed my goal from run to jog (or anything but walk).  Will I ever be a mountain man?


No comments:

Post a Comment