Sunday, August 28, 2016

sometimes I brag

I am sure many of my Chicago OZ-dog park friends got bored of my stories about how long I waited to turn on the AC (always tried to make it to July) and heat (never before November.)  Our home in Chicago got a lot of sun so it tended to get quite warm during the days and the bricks did a good job of holding the heat.  And it's always nice to sleep in a cool house so even if the house got down into the mid 50s at night that wasn't too bad under the down comforter (and 3 dogs panting to help warm the room).  And of course I took a certain Prince of Tides-Great Santini pleasure in the family's complaints.

As it turns out the much higher average humidity levels in Chicago also helped to moderate the intensity with which you felt the changing temperatures.  There is no humidity in Aspen.  And I am wondering about turning on the heat.  It's August and I am thinking about the heat.  August is supposed to be 2 a day football practices with choking heat and dusty fields with dirt covering your face and making your eyes water during the afternoon practice.

Turning on the heat.  What the hell?

Got my first networking hike tomorrow.  Maybe being out of breath so I just listen will be my secret weapon.



No comments:

Post a Comment