Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Health care update

OMG .......OMG....OMG (and we have a winner from Chicago--robert DeNiro ) way to go Nils

So first a bit about me....I am a smart savvy guy.  I graduated at the top of my class from a pretty good college, am Phi Beta Kappa, have run a hedge fund, created the industry standard for hedge funds to protect their margin deposits, and been CFO of a business.

I can't manage to buy health care in Colorado.  I have now spent time 8 different days totaling over 25 hours with insurance agents, and various parts of the state of colorado government and am nowhere.

The current bit of Dante's hell that I am in is twofold.

1.  I was put into Medicaid because I didn't declare enough income.
2.  I changed my income to too much so I can't buy through the exchange which means if my income is below 97k I can't get a 17k subsidy.  And I am working with an insurance agent who totally screwed this up too.
3.  Also my application seems to be held up in a twilight zone between the exchange and the medicaid people so I can't do anything anyhow, and the current best suggestion is to send in a paper application--and I have only 8 business days to get this done.  holy fuck.



No comments:

Post a Comment