Sunday, December 4, 2016

skiing saturday

good news--the new boots are much better.  I kept them on the whole day.

I walk into my house Friday and discover that my daughter has two girl friends over and my son has one (well a friend who is a girl but not the other type of girl friend, or so he insists while they hang out in his room with the door closed).  However, this post is not about what does or does not go on behind my son's door.  Nope.  This is about local kids and skiing.

So none of these born in Aspen kids have ski equipment yet for the season.  The 12 year old used to be ski on the team but quit because she got bored of just doing the race course day after day week after week.  She says it chased the fun out of skiing.  One of the younger girls spent the night.  I thought I would take her skiing the next day on my daughters back up equipment but she isn't allowed to ski Aspen mountain because it's too steep.  OMG really.  And the third girl wasn't allowed to watch Mean Girls cause it's inappropriate.

If Mean Girls is inappropriate for a 5th grader in this day and age what do you do-say about Donald Trump?

A local who hasn't skied Aspen mountain.  WTF.  This takes overprotective to a whole new level.  Love the kid, but pretty sure my daughter (why don't you tuck from Gents ridge to the base?) won't be skiing with her any time soon.

And back to skiing on Saturday.  More of Aspen mountain is open (enough to make it fun).  We banged some small bumps.  Skied some trees.  Skied a couple of blacks with very thin cover (time for some petex).  And ordered two $5 hot chocolates for the kids who saw many of their middle school friends at the sun deck.  Who were skiing aspen, without their parents.  So not every kid has helicopters for parents just the ones at my house Friday night.  I also saw the ski team crushing some blue runs with only one ski on.  Yikes.




No comments:

Post a Comment