Wednesday, January 25, 2017

big update ----its snowing

But before the snow report the donald report---Saturday night I went out to dinner with the wife.  We sat at the bar at Meat and Cheese ---excellent food.  We were chatting with the bartender about the pictures of Obama's inaugural vs Trump's and commenting how many more people attended Obama's.  A younger man sitting next to us told us that those pictures were false and actually more people had attended Trump's.  Since I had spent most of the day doing useful stuff, I was not up on all the news but by Sunday it was pretty clear that the young man was getting 'alternative facts' from the White House.  Is it wrong for someone to trust the information the White House gives you?  Seems like yes.   I won't even suggest Ronald Reagan had the correct approach to the Trump white house, it's not trust but verify, but distrust and confirm.

So about that snow---we are at close to 90 in for January which is somewhere between 170% and 300% above average for the month.  And it's snowing right now.  Yesterday I was skiing the hanging wall area and even though I am not a very good skier I was able to ski without fear because there was about a foot of snow to slow me down and hold me up.  Yea.

But also about that snow---even though in general most drivers are pretty adept and the city does a good (ish) job of snow removal (better in Snowmass than Aspen), I got nailed by traffic after dropping my son off at a Big Air class and hustling back to Lewis hockey rink to fetch my daughter. It's a 2 mile drive, but with big snow at rush hour it took me 48 minutes.  And 35 minutes was spent going from 5th street to 8th street.  I could have walked it about 15 minutes faster. Speaking of walking while trying to make the right turn from 5th street onto Main st a pedestrian decided to smack my car with his hand and yell at me for being in the cross walk.  I rolled my window down and pointed out to him that the only road rage I had seen in the past 30 minutes was from him, and he was making much better time than the rest of us.  He must have been a friend of Trump's because he pulled a Donald and flipped me the bird.

I need to buy fatter skis.


No comments:

Post a Comment