Friday, January 20, 2017

so let me tell you about me and the donald

Before moving to Aspen, and Chicago I used to live in the Big Apple.  In the early 90s I lived on 92nd street across from Trinity School where Eric Trump was a student.  Frequently while playing beer pong on my roof deck we would see Donald picking up Eric from the school's roof sport court across the street.  We would loudly comment about how fabulous his hair (toupe) looked.  And he would always respond by flipping us the bird.  Now I guess I shouldn't be too proud about making fun of a some poor little rich guy's hair in front of his kid, but even then he was all over page 6 of the post for one stupid thing or another so it did seem that he had opened himself up for running commentary.  And he never ever could ignore us.  Never.  Which is why we kept at it.  And it's why I fear for our country.

Donald Trump is a small, petty, narcissistic kid, who was born with wealth and exploited the system to make more of it.  He took control of a morally bankrupt Republican party, and is now our president.  Today he managed to deliver a speech which was both divisive and unsettling (America First, and our country described in dystopian terms which does not mesh with reality), and yet he has managed to make expectations so low that staying on message for 16 minutes is considered A+ work. God help us.

At least I am living in Aspen--maybe he will leave us alone.  Maybe my Trump motto should be Aspen first, and screw everyone else.  Honestly I can't do that.  I believe a bigger pie is better, not just for all but also for me as my slice grows with others.

Now with all the snow coming, on POW days it's gonna be all about me first.  Maybe Donald will quit and be a ski bum, he has the perfect mentally for it and I am sure he could find a great place to buy.  In Vail.  Or anywhere but Aspen, please God.






No comments:

Post a Comment