Tuesday, January 10, 2017

snow day----yea!!!!

Nope.  Sorry kids no snow day.

My children (aided by hype from the teachers at school) were hoping for a snow day today.  13-16 in of snow plus a ton of rain turned to ice was not enough to deliver a day off school to go ski some POW.  Aspen has snow removal dialed in.  Even without salt almost all the roads (major and minor) had been plowed by 7AM.  And the guy who plows my driveway had that done at 4am (I know I hear him every time).


And while the dogs love the fresh it does create a doggie dilemma around pooping in snow over their tails.  My pup has figured out that she needs to stomp down a circle and then she has room to drop her load, my older one is just not pooping.  Interesting strategy, I will let you know how that works out.  Speaking of dog poop, the answer to your question is there is still no sight of hershey kiss aluminum foil 3 weeks later.

Also related to dog poo---it seems that people in snowmass also think that when a dog poops in the snow it doesn't require pick up.  And they are right about that, my younger dog will eat all the frozen poo in the 81615 zip code and then I will pick it up for you in those nice little circles she stomps down.  Not sure how you knew that would work so well but my pup says thanks for all the poopsicles, I have some other words that are not blog appropriate that I mumble while brushing her teeth and feeding her mints.

The sound of ski patrol bombing the ridge means it's time for me to go skiing.  Later.



No comments:

Post a Comment