Tuesday, July 25, 2017

big update with pictures

What did we do for our 1 year anniversary of living in Aspen?  We moved.  Our lease was up and so we ----well my wife packed us up and we (actually she and some highschool kids) moved us across the street.  I flew to St. Louis to root my dad on through surgery.

To answer your questions---my wife did NOT divorce me for leaving her high and dry for the move.

My Dad is doing well.

Our new rental is very small--too small and not well enough furnished.  Here is a picture of my 'furnished' office.

Please note the nice chair and filing cabinets and drawers and shelves and quote from the Bible.  Well at least I got God on my side while I blog, however the lack of a chair is shortening the time I am willing to sit here blogging.

Oh yea and that last flight to St. Louis.  


That is yours truly and yes that is my oxygen mask.  When you lose pressure at 30k feet it does deploy.  And the pilots do try to get you down to 10k feet ASAP even if that blows out some folks eardrums.  Your blogger was lucky to be chewing gum at the time so my ears are fine.  Sadly one of the flight attendants and many passengers not so much.  My legs were torn to shreds by my seat mate who was a little nervous.  Try not to sit next to a woman with really long nails.  After a quick return to Denver (40 min outbound but only 18 to get back) and smoke coming from the oxygen compartments and a 4 hour wait on the ground we were offered the chance to do it all over again.  The second flight was much less crowded.  Bonus right?

File this under things I didn't know.  The berry crop is light, and acorn crop is coming in late so 

BEAR ALERT.  Keep everything locked even if it is hot.



We are moving again cause the current pad is just not working out.  And I am flying to St. Louis again to wish mom a happy b day and root dad on during rehab.  

The new place is great (move date aug 21 same day as start of school).  Book your dates now.  It's in Aspen.  It's over 6k feet and has a hot tub.  And if anyone has any job ideas help cause I am sure I can't afford the place.


Stay tuned for my rental saga---renting in Aspen is almost crazy enough to make you want to move anywhere else.  




No comments:

Post a Comment