Wednesday, July 26, 2017

crowds

Belly up has been bringing in some great shows.  I saw Bush a couple of weeks ago.  Bush was good---the crowd was interesting.  18-78 in age range.  And I got stuck on the floor surrounded by a group in from Miami who told me before the show that they were really cool, and had done 'a ton of lines and a lot of X'.  Guess what--they didn't have to tell me cause the sweating and the need to rub up against everyone made that pretty obvious.   Bush yea---crowd yuck.

Last Saturday I saw Lyle Lovett at Belly up.  Great show.  Long show.  Past my bedtime.  And wow the crowd was tall.  Weirdly tall.  Everyone on the floor in front of me was pushing 6'2".  Still I managed to get a nice view of his ugly mug and enjoy some funky Texas tunes.



Speaking of crowds yoga was SRO yesterday (probably due to rainy conditions).  Really tight.  I fear a was sweating on many different types of body augmentation.  And the instructor who normally drones on and on ran out of things to say.  " holy shit I don't have anything to say"  Your faithful blogger normally would take a softball like that and smash it out of the park but having been tossed from multiple yoga studios I decided to let it pass.

But seriously if my crowd problems are coked up people from Miami at a Bush show, tall people at a Lovett show, and intimate conditions at yoga I got no problems at all.

Except maybe rental problems.  I swear I will get to it but I want to give you the whole story and closure seems impossible to get.

Another quick trip to STL coming up---with daughter.  Let's hope I don't have to secure my mask first and then hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment