Saturday, September 16, 2017

dumb house

Does anyone want to hire me to review their plans for the super lux home they plan on building?  I will save you money and make sure you think about the consequences of materials, systems, and layout.

We have a pool room in our house.  Sadly the room isn't big enough.  What architect designed a room strictly for playing pool that is two feet to short (both length and width).  And it's not a full sized table, so you can't really solve the problem by getting a 3 1/2 by 7 or even a 3 by 6 table.  Nope these guys wasted 250k on a room that you just can't use.  Meanwhile, they have a 450 square foot garage.  Take that 200 square feet they used to make an unusable billiard room and stick it in the garage.  Idiots.

And it looks like they are going to rip out the lighting system and go with something simpler.  Swapping the lighting system is estimated to cost 30k.  That is after the 200k AV bill on the install.

And did I mention that the nearest place to hang a towel in the master bath is 8 feet away from the shower door.

These things should be caught in the design phase of the project, and often are super easy to fix.  Or at least you ought to be aware that you are designing a billiard room that is too small to play pool in.  (I do love saying billiard room---sounds so fancy----and there are those of you who remember the only reason I have my most excellent wife is my pool table in NYC).  But going near the billiard room just makes me sad---I would love to play but you just can't.

In other news the boy survived 8th grade outdoor ed, and his hair thrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment