Monday, September 20, 2021

fun new aspen tidbits

 I served like 300 burgers yesterday at the hockey fundraiser and now my dogs think I am the best most tasty human EVER.

I have run into a bear each of the past 3 days (twice in horse ranch and one family on the ditch trail).

My daughter was driving into town and ran a (very) stale yellow light at Cemetary lane.  The person who was first in line turning onto 82 followed my daughter into town and when she pulled over to park near Koch park proceeded to yell at her for running the light.  Yes, I had already used that as a teaching moment in the car to talk about timing and how she had plenty of room to stop and should have but this most helpful Aspen citizen decided to help as well by following her 1.5 miles and then informing her that she is a shit driver and shouldn't drive.  Sylvie asked how she was going to learn and that resulted in more screaming---glad she wasn't armed.

My son was driving in horse ranch.  He tends to drive fast but in this case seeing an off lead dog he slowed down to about 8 mph and gave everyone a wide berth.  The home owner chased my son down (gives you an idea how fast he was going) to yell at him, but my son decided he didn't want to deal with some old guy yelling and him so he drove away.  Next thing you know at the HOA meeting my son is the subject of scrutiny for his reckless driving.

Thank you Aspen vigilantes.

And best of all in true Western slope style due to construction, cars were deviated off Owl creek into the dirt.  The car in front of us kicked up a stone and cracked the windshield.  Big long spider crack that needs to be fixed.  Called the local shop and they quoted $1050 (the national average is $550) and Safelite in Glenwood Springs was at $700.  I schedule an apt (having given my Vin to ensure the glass was available), get lots of texts and emails confirming and reminding me of my apt.  I get there at 9:25 for my 9:30 apt.  Leave car per request with instructions that it will be done by 5 pm.  Ugh.  I go to the park and do some work and get some mex food, and at 1:45 Safelite calls to tell me they don't have the glass--that it got sent to Denver the day before.  I let them know that sucked.  They let me know it sucked for them too because they would get less business done today but I could schedule for next week and this has happened with their computer system before.  I let them know I had to drive a hour each way and missed a day of work for this and they said well it sucks for them too.  

Fuuuuuck

Can I please give Safelite less than 1 star.  Ohhh yea and then I went on the corporate website to see about compensation for my time and gas and after waiting 30 min for chat feature was told to call the shop--the same shop that basically told me to fuck off.  Or I could call corporate but its too late now as they closed while I was waiting on chat.   GRRRRRRRRR

One week into Jewish new year and graciousness is failing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment