Thursday, September 16, 2021

she is negative (i think), happy new year and ohhh yea we got rats (and chipmunks and mice)

 first things first---Monday at noon we got a result (negative)  that is 6 days after the school asked her to get tested and 5 days after test was taken.  Only one test result although they took two samples (nasal and spit they only return spit (I believe)).  Heard from the board of health that they were surprised over the need for testing---AND they are trying really hard.  I could give a lot of snarky comments but seeing as its Yom Kippur I will just say----ummmm poor job.

Happy and healthy new year to one and all.  I hope that you can find a way to find joy and happiness in our new weird normal and I am going to be more understanding and gracious to others.

I am having trouble being understanding with my new landlord and his agents.  I am paying a HUGE sum of money to rent an ok house.  OK assuming not having a working laundry machine is ok.  We moved in and next thing ya know I am driving to El Jabel (25 min away) to do laundry at the laundromat.   But wait there's more---when we viewed the house in May we noticed a lot of mice traps all around the house.  I asked the rental agent if there was a rodent problem and they said 'NO'.  The previous renters had moved out early and they put out the traps because the house was unoccupied but no rodent problem.  Today the pest control person showed up to do their monthly thing and we spoke about rodents.  Turns out the house has mice, chipmunks and rats.  We found evidence of woodrats in the house.   I have been hearing them in the roof at 4 am tearing up the roof (can't wait for the snow to melt and the leaks to start).  And it seems they are fond of taking toothbrushes and shiny objects.  Earlier this summer they had a chipmunk infestation--I asked how many chipmunks does it take to be infested and pest control estimated that they had killed 20 in the house.  And then there are the mice droppings in the garage which pest control said was our hotspot.

I am already having trouble with the understanding and gracious party of the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment