Friday, July 22, 2016

Feeling like a local

I got my CO plates yesterday and put them on the car today.  very local.  Cost $1,400 to register in CO. kinda loco.  But the experience of the Pitkin county clerk was wonderful so that was worth something (but 1400 bucks hummmm).  Jesse White can kiss my ass by by.

Went for a hike on the south rim trail (backwards up from my house up Sinclair rd and then finish at clark market to pick up mail).  Very local.  Went with son and two dogs and had a great time.  Totally local.  Passed some very old out of towners on the trail--feeling super local.  And then ran into some 70+ year old trail running the start of the trail up to spire and back down--he hammer past us.  Not so local.

Then I picked up the local paper and read about Aspen-Pitkin county working on how to alleviate traffic into and out of Aspen.  Are you kidding me.  Yes there is a ton of traffic --yesterday on way to free physics lecture at the Aspen science institute it took me 22 minutes not 18.  Uhhh really you locals need to spend some time on the circle interchange in Chicago or the 405 in LA or the 101 in SF or LIE in NYC or shoot any road in NYC.  Thank goodness I haven't gone totally native.  I think the locals may have forgotten what the real world looks like.  The traffic I can handle but I do miss having 5 good radio stations to listen to while sitting in 'traffic'.  And don't worry I still won't listen to country music even if that is the only thing my radio picks up.

All is good although my younger two dogs may never go on a 'walk' with me again.


2 comments: