Sunday, July 3, 2016

music--something light for holiday weekend

yes the bags are not back and we are not ready to go....
my daughter is freaking out and sharing it so
but Raham we gotta go ....(apologies to john denver leaving on a jet plane)


I am packing up my music which raises some questions:

1.  Is their radio in Aspen? and if so can you receive it?
2.  What music should I play when I unpack to impress the neighbors? Something old and rare like early Iggy pop or cream b sides or go safe with Mumford and sons wolf on repeat (course that is like listening to the radio)
3.  who the hell gets all their music burned from CDs to e format --I've got about 2000 cds and a quick calculation of current burn speed puts it at about 350 hours ---hell who has time for that--however going through the old disks has me burning more in case there is no radio
4.  As a result does anyone listen to albums anymore or just individual songs (just finished burning cure for the pain by morphine during first part of this blog)
5. when was the last time you looked through all your old music---it really triggered some memories for me --I can pretty much tell you what came out the year I started dating the boss, went to college, had to listen to college roommate play tangerine dream till the needle dulled thanks toots)
6.  what do you do when burning music and program asks you if you still want to download if music can't be found on the internet--holy smokes I thought everything was on the internet (that was a moby gwen stefani mash up)
7.  Why to not ski steamboat--no music at lifts
8.  what band in aspen needs a guitarist? (that is for son, I can't even hum a tune)
9.  how many parents out there still control the music in their car? or is everyone in their own i-bubble?
10.  would jimmy still be allowed to light his guitar on fire and play the star spangled banner or would that not be PC-too dangerous, offensive, risky, scary ?

Think if I can get around to it I unpack to velvet underground album max's Kansas city --shows I am cool, but not too loud and Velvets song was our first dance post marriage so a little bit romantic too

11 days to go and my stuff is reproducing faster than I can pack it---dogs starting to worry that there is something going on and it smells wrong

ps just finished burning jagged little pill (by either god or Alanis depending on how big a Jay and Silent Bob fan you are) and now downloading first Jane's addiction CD--do you see a drug theme here or is it just me



No comments:

Post a Comment