Thursday, August 27, 2020

what we did this summer (in pictures ......screw you teacher and 1000 word requirement)

 my daughter did this:




if you like numbers that is 11 vertebrae and a 45 degree curve


my wife did this :


that is two total knee replacements done at separate times this summer in Vail


my son did this:




they were the number 2 boat in Newport RI, and he got to assist and post race sail in an M32 (the top picture) and do some coaching on days he wasn't sailing


What did I do?:






that is me driving my wife to and from two knee surgeries and 2 post op appointments, me driving daughter to spine fusion and home (and the trip home was not fun----nope, I have audio of that someplace I might post if you want to feel lucky about your life) me driving my son to Newport RI, me driving a 14 year old taco from Newport RI back to CO, me driving my son back from Newport (ok he picked me up in Hartford CT) stoping in Chicago to see our house for moving stuff out, stopping in STL to see my parents, and then me driving the wife to a and from a business meeting in Billings MT because there are pretty much no flights in and out of Aspen starting in September.  

That is a total of 9,146 miles in just over 3 months, or just over 1/3 the circumference of the Earth.  Who says you don't get to go anywhere during COVID?

Did I mention that we also moved homes from Aspen to Snowmass Village while my son was out of town and my daughter and wife were post op.

I am not sure the Who got it right when they sang about the summer time blues.



No comments:

Post a Comment