Sunday, November 27, 2016

weed soon I promise but first hills--its just a matter of perspective

I just got back from St. Louis where i celebrated both thanksgiving and my brothers big fat gay jewish brazilian midwestern thanksgiving weekend wedding.  Thanksgiving in STL always involved various runs to deal with too much home cooking, and from a Chicago runner's perspective St. Louis seemed hilly.   No longer.  The gift of running up Sinclair road is St. Louis now seems flat as a pancake and Chicago is all downhill.

It's also snowing out here (finally).  It should snow off and on for the next 3 days so hopefully more runs will open up.  The kids and I plan on punching our season pas a bit later today on the 2 runs that are open.  The joy of a season pass is you don't feel crazy about either getting in your turns or rushing to the hill.  In the meantime my kids and two dogs are making a mess of the snow in the yard, and I got the hot tub cranked up for latter.


No comments:

Post a Comment