Monday, November 28, 2016

went skiing with the kids

my son noted that it would take a lot to make mt chestnut (Galena IL) look impressive but Aspen-Snowmass managed that today with two bunny hill slopes open.

Looking on the bright side we got to figure out the buses a bit, but I really can't figure out the point of having the mountains open except to say they are open.  And I can't believe the number of locals who put on their skis and boards just to say they skied.  A number of them said they want to ski 100 days this year so I needed to get out.  What?  Why?  I don't understand the desire to quantify everything and then compare (who are we kidding compete).  I am not going to keep track of the number of days I ski, nor the number of vertical feet or speed or anything else.  I just hope we get enough snow that I can find a blue run or two to ski with the kids (or even without).

Now about medical weed---we tried it (patches and ointment) and found no effect.  Jarvis tried capsules and she also didn't seem to find any relief.  I am sure it works for some (placebo maybe) but in my very small sample set it is not a miracle drug.  And watch out if Jeff Sessions becomes the new AG he might just bring the Feds in to prosecute production and consumption "good people don't smoke marijuana".  If I was a producer I would be up at night worrying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment